Today saw the opening of the World Cities Summit, a major annual four-day event in the global cities calendar. Held in Singapore, the theme of this year’s Summit is Liveable and Sustainable Cities: Common Challenges, Shared Solutions.The Summit’s flagship event is the World Mayors’ Forum, an invitation-only platform for international city leaders to discuss pressing urban issues and share best practices with one another. This year’s Mayors Forum will be moderated by Greg Clark, and mayors and city leaders from around the world will engage roundtable discussions on:
• High Quality of Life: A Vibrant City Life
• Sustainable Environment: Water & Waste Management
• Competitive Economy: Driving Investments
• Integrated Long-term Planning: Balancing stakeholder interests
• Dynamic Urban Governance: Fostering Good Governance
• Intelligent Cities
The programme and a full list of attendees can be seen on the event’s website.